Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's Time To ChaCha!

Another reason why an iPhone is unnecessary

Yesterday, I discovered this new mobile web search service that works on all cellphones. All you have to do is register your phone number (you do not have to provide any other personal information) and if you have a question, all you do is send a text to "chacha" or call 1-800-2chacha and ask your answer in conversational English. Within a couple minutes, ChaCha's guides will send you your answers via text. It's a free service but you will be using your minutes as well as text when you utilize it. I have already used this a couple of time and it's amazing!

ChaCha's approach is that Machines are not human. A simple web search will never provide us with exactly what we are looking for. By adding a human factor to the web searches, live ChaCha guides who are available 24/7, ChaCha aims to provide exactly the recommendations one is looking for.

Being a skeptic of most unconventional things, my initial experiment with ChaCha consisted of trying to find out how late The Field Museum in Chicago is open. Not only did ChaCha provide me with the information I was looking for but they also provided me with the address, phone number, and a link I could access via my cell to get more information about the Museum.

It really is an excellent service and quite new since the text answer service was launched on January 3, 2008. It will be very handy when you're arguing with your fiends and need answers pronto!

Click here to visit ChaCha's website and to register your phone!

No comments: